this recipe is a modified version of Joy of Cooking's "basic reduced-fat muffins"...
What you need... vegan options in parentheses
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 egg (or 2Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1Tbsp cold water)
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk (or 1 cup vanilla almond or hemp milk)
1 cup freeze dried fruit, crumbled (we used peaches)
What you do...
1. Oven at 400'F
2. Spray or line a muffin pan
3. Get everything measured and ready cuz you're gonna stir it all together at once
4. Stir everything together at once
6. In a coffee cup (or whatever) mix another 1/8 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp cinnamon. Sprinkle on muffin tops.
7. Bake about 14 minutes (until a fork/toothpick comes out clean)
we move 2 weeks from sunday so we need to put our packing into high gear! my parents are coming down Saturday to entertain Ot for a few hours while Rob and i disassemble our house, get rid of stuff, pack, or do what i ended up doing tonight --> start packing up photo albums and end up spending hours just looking at photo albums. love photo albums.
oh, and we're going to a build-your-own-pizza party on sunday at a friend's house. i'm really excited about this. lots of kiddos and a fun activity, plus i get to see a few friends again before we skip town. plus pizza is no slouch.
what's everyone else up to this weekend? muffin baking? if you make these let me know what you think!